Well, it’s been forever. The story goes that Mark and I used to sporadically update the Brew House with an edition of “List Mania” — an ode to former Kansas City Star columnist Joe Posnanski, who famously wrote lists until one day, many years ago, he wrote a column saying he would never list again…
For the past year or so, there’s been very little listing around these parts. And that changes today. The era of gimmicky lists and random thoughts is back. And the listing baton has been passed. So here goes…
Three great songs I heard on Pandora yesterday.
1. “Comes and Goes (In Waves)” — Greg Laswell
2. “Cemetary Row” — The Minus 5 (ft. Colin Meloy)
3. “Your Ex-Lover is Dead” — Stars
My five favorite players in the NBA playoffs
1. Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz
In the words of Gus Johnson: “Don’t let the smooth taste fool ya.”
2. Danilo Gallinari, Denver Nuggets
6-10. Can shoot. And plays like a crazy-ass.
3. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Durant, 23, could be the youngest NBA Finals MVP since Tim Duncan in 1999.
The most insane pass of the year.
5. Blake Ahearn, Utah Jazz
A former Missouri State standout … otherwise known as the winner of the “This guy is in the freaking NBA?” award.
Three random thoughts of the day
1. The “People You May Know” feature on Facebook seems to be filled up exclusively with people you sorta knew in college.
2. When you can find your way around your house in the pitch dark… you know it’s close to being a true home.
3. Is it just me, or does it feel like Carly Rae Jepsen should be younger than 26?
Three links to click on
One awesome Levon Helms tribute from Bruce Springsteen